Posting a Personal Statment

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )

Posting a Personal Statment

Postby PS2012 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:56 am

I am a regularly user who made a new account to post my personal statement on this site. Before posting I wanted to know if their were any down sides to posting? Do adm officers read through this website and see who got help or something. Just wanted to make sure there weren't any downsides to posting

Re: Posting a Personal Statment

Postby tmon » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:59 am

Admissions officers do browse the site, but I doubt they're really scanning through the PS forum and taking notes so they remember your post in a few months when they start reviewing apps. More likely they're browsing the threads on their specific school, I'd guess.

Re: Posting a Personal Statment

Postby cutecarmel » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:14 pm

It don't think it would be a problem. What are the chances that someone from the school you are applying to happens to browse the forum and see and remember your statement 3 months from now?

Some people request that members PM them if they wouldn't mind helping. Others that post their PS delete it after a few days. I posted my DS and deleted it after a few responses. Someone quoted it and I asked them to delete the quote and they did it with no problems. So I would say there is really nothing to worry about.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”