PS Topic in Progress - Rebuilding an Engine...Terrible idea?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Mr. Frodo

PS Topic in Progress - Rebuilding an Engine...Terrible idea?

Postby Mr. Frodo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:32 pm

Working on the first draft of my PS. My preliminary layout has the statement revolving around how my car's engine basically exploded in 2010 and I undertook the painstaking process of rebuilding the entire thing myself, with a lack of experience and not the best of tools. I think this topic will mesh well with other things I plan to incorporate into my PS. It was actually a pretty stressful time, as I needed my car to commute to my engineering internship within a week (the max I could take off from work), and had no other feasible means of getting there. It was also an extremely rewarding experience, because I ended up not only rebuilding my engine, but then selling it for a different engine and doing an on-the-fly engine swap. I learned a ton, and to this day am very interested in working on cars (Saabs mainly).

Since this is something I'm passionate about, I feel its my best bet for writing a powerful PS. Thoughts/ideas/comments/suggestions are all very much appreciated!

lnoy

Re: PS Topic in Progress - Rebuilding an Engine...Terrible idea?

Postby lnoy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:40 pm

I think it could be a good idea if you add your personal life experiences into the paper of course. You can write about rebuilding your engine and at the same time talk about rebuilding your life and aligning and comparing the two stories , something like that. Just an idea...

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:44 pm

I think that could be interesting. Definitely more so than what I wrote about.

Mr. Frodo

Postby Mr. Frodo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:41 pm

lnoy wrote:I think it could be a good idea if you add your personal life experiences into the paper of course. You can write about rebuilding your engine and at the same time talk about rebuilding your life and aligning and comparing the two stories , something like that. Just an idea...

This is exactly what I was thinking of. I will try to get a draft finished and posted Wednesday to put on here, so hopefully you guys can take a look at what I come up with. I literally don't know anyone in law school or interested in law school (all my friends are engineers), so your criticism will be very much appreciated and important to me.

Thanks!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”