Possible PS Topic

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Intrigue

Possible PS Topic

Postby Intrigue » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Hello all, just joined here.

Thinking through what I might write about for my PS. One idea is writing about my experiences as a skydiver. I have been doing it for years. Before I go much farther, do you think this might be a decent topic?

thederangedwang

Re: Possible PS Topic

Postby thederangedwang » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:04 pm

Intrigue wrote:Hello all, just joined here.

Thinking through what I might write about for my PS. One idea is writing about my experiences as a skydiver. I have been doing it for years. Before I go much farther, do you think this might be a decent topic?

Yes.

But almost every subject is acceptable..all depends on how you write/frame it.

Intrigue

Postby Intrigue » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:11 pm

thederangedwang wrote:
Intrigue wrote:Hello all, just joined here.

Yes.

But almost every subject is acceptable..all depends on how you write/frame it.

That makes sense. I'm still framing this, but I'm thinking of focusing on the mental aspects of the sport. There is significant risk involved and it requires a good deal of focus just to stay safe, much less be a good skydiver.

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:13 pm

sounds fine but dont be afraid to talk about the more exciting facets of a dive...by the way...you could have a GREAT opening with such a topic..feel free to write the opening paragraph or draft and post it here...TLS will tell you if it sucks or not

Intrigue

Postby Intrigue » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:18 pm

thederangedwang wrote:sounds fine but dont be afraid to talk about the more exciting facets of a dive...by the way...you could have a GREAT opening with such a topic..feel free to write the opening paragraph or draft and post it here...TLS will tell you if it sucks or not

I certainly will. :)

CorkBoard

Postby CorkBoard » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:56 pm

thederangedwang wrote:sounds fine but dont be afraid to talk about the more exciting facets of a dive...by the way...you could have a GREAT opening with such a topic..feel free to write the opening paragraph or draft and post it here...TLS will tell you if it sucks or not

This. Feel free to PM me if you need help.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”