question concerning appropriateness of an addendum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
bmlinds

question concerning appropriateness of an addendum

Postby bmlinds » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:51 pm

The week before I started sending off apps I got a courier job at a law firm in town and i'm loving it. Since I haven't heard one lonesome thing from any of the status checkers since my apps went final (i sent them off in two "rounds", my top choices around 12/12/11 and others around 1/10/12), I figured it would be a good time to peep my head in the door so to speak and send a short a addendum about my experiences at the firm so far. My swag in general for this whole process is that I'm someone whose very excited about the opportunity to go to school and studying and practicing law in a new part of the country and my experiences fit this nicely.

So my question is this: is such an addendum appropriate? I feel it is because I'm sincere and feel that it is well written, but every guide I've seen to writing these seems to be focus only on addendums addenda which seek to explain a weakness on an application file

richalvarez

Re: question concerning appropriateness of an addendum

Postby richalvarez » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:55 pm

bmlinds wrote:The week before I started sending off apps I got a courier job at a law firm in town and i'm loving it. Since I haven't heard one lonesome thing from any of the status checkers since my apps went final (i sent them off in two "rounds", my top choices around 12/12/11 and others around 1/10/12), I figured it would be a good time to peep my head in the door so to speak and send a short a addendum about my experiences at the firm so far. My swag in general for this whole process is that I'm someone whose very excited about the opportunity to go to school and studying and practicing law in a new part of the country and my experiences fit this nicely.

So my question is this: is such an addendum appropriate? I feel it is because I'm sincere and feel that it is well written, but every guide I've seen to writing these seems to be focus only on addendums addenda which seek to explain a weakness on an application file

I think you nailed it at the end, "to explain a weakness on an application." In this regard, an addendum is not necessary for your situation. Trust in your hard work and wait it out. Good luck.

crabcakes

Postby crabcakes » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:49 pm

nope, you don't need an addendum now. save it for a LOCI in the event you get waitlisted.

MrAnon

Postby MrAnon » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:02 pm

Is this flame? Has anyone else noticed the rash of first time posters posting questions like this in the past weeks?

bmlinds

Postby bmlinds » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:06 pm

I don't know what "flame" means in regards to forums, but your post is far more rash and unnecessary

bmlinds

Postby bmlinds » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:12 pm

crabcakes wrote:nope, you don't need an addendum now. save it for a LOCI in the event you get waitlisted.

good idea I'm gunna go with that thanks

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”