GPA addendum??

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
abbottsbar

GPA addendum??

Postby abbottsbar » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:31 pm

Not sure if I should submit. I read a lot of threads on here that said if you do choose to write an addendum keep it short and sweet. Opinions?

(Also, note that in my PS I touch on growing up in an impoverished area with a single mother who worked two jobs, etc...)

After my first year of college I was forced to work a full-time job, as well as approximately 15 hours per week for an on-campus work study position in order to provide for my college education. This greatly impacted my academic performance, and the grades obtained in my second and third years of college are not indicative of my academic ability. After obtaining a higher paying position that allowed for flexible hours my grades immediately improved and I maintained a grade point average of over 3.39 over my final two years, while taking an average of 18 hours per semester.

abbottsbar

Re: GPA addendum??

Postby abbottsbar » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Anybody?

ashleyrenee

Postby ashleyrenee » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:29 pm

I think it's good but kind of confusing...you say that the grades in your 2nd and 3rd year are not indicative of your academic ability but then you say you maintained 3.39 GPA over your final two years. Did you go to school for 5 years? Or did you mean the grades in your 1st and 2nd year are not indicative...

abbottsbar

Postby abbottsbar » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:31 pm

Thanks for the feedback, yes, I did attend five years. I'm presuming that will not need to be explained to the schools since they will hae my transcripts.

Do you think I should submit this?

ashleyrenee

Postby ashleyrenee » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:37 pm

makes sense :)

I think you're good then yup!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”