Resume Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
alangsto

New

Resume

Post by alangsto » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:47 pm

A couple of schools I am applying to are requiring a resume. My question is I have no full-time work experience and my only extra curriculars are all faith based (I was in seminary after undergrad planning to be a pastor before pursuing law school). I was wondering if anyone else had encountered a problem with resumes or had any advice? Thanks

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Re: Resume

Post by BlakcMajikc » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:42 am

alangsto wrote:A couple of schools I am applying to are requiring a resume. My question is I have no full-time work experience and my only extra curriculars are all faith based (I was in seminary after undergrad planning to be a pastor before pursuing law school). I was wondering if anyone else had encountered a problem with resumes or had any advice? Thanks
Doesn't sound like problem. Generally for a resume, you'll want to include an education, work/professional experience, volunteer/community service, and usual a EC's/Activities/Skills/etc section(s). Highlight whatever other work experience you have had (internships, summer jobs, part-time, work study, etc.). Highlight and include all volunteerships (highlight specific duties and responsibilities and/or had substance to them). Include seminary in your education section (and if you had any pastoral "apprenticeships" include that in the professional experience section).

Sidenote: You should include your resume with all apps even if not explicitly required.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”