Title and font??

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
jediknight2424

Bronze

Title and font??

Postby jediknight2424 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:41 am

Do I need a title or header of any sort?

Does my name and/or my lsac number need to be on there?

What font and size should I use?

Any suggestions on margins?

If there is no standard answer to any of these questions, please offer up how you formatted your own PS. I would appreciate the input!

FryBreadPower

Silver

Re: Title and font??

Postby FryBreadPower » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:42 am

No title, just a header. Make sure your name and LSAC number is in it. In the header you should have "Personal Statement", "Addendum", etc. 1 inch margins. Use what ever font and font size you have used in the rest of your PS, DS, Addendum, whatever.

DocHawkeye

Silver

Postby DocHawkeye » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:07 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:No title, just a header. Make sure your name and LSAC number is in it. In the header you should have "Personal Statement", "Addendum", etc. 1 inch margins. Use what ever font and font size you have used in the rest of your PS, DS, Addendum, whatever.

I agree with this. If the application has a question number attached to the PS, (i.e.: 12. Personal Statement) I would use it in your heading to make it easy to sort out what paper goes where, especially if you're submitting additional addenda.

theadvancededit

Bronze

Postby theadvancededit » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:43 pm

[Name], [LSAC #]: [Type of Document]

Times New Roman, Arial, Calibri, and Garamond are all acceptable. No smaller than 11pt. or, with clear double spacing and formatting, 10pt.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements�