I made a big goof

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
alangsto

I made a big goof

Postby alangsto » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:24 am

I sent in an application and attached the wrong personal statement. The ps was intended for that school but the one I attached had not been thoroughly reviewed (my fault for mixing up the 2). My question is would it be completely dumb of me or hurt my chances if I called the school and explained, hopefully I could resubmit the ps. After looking over the ps the only mistakes were a run on sentence and maybe another minor mistake, still I do not want to look like an idiot. I was wondering if anyone had heard of this.

kublaikahn

Re: I made a big goof

Postby kublaikahn » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:24 pm

You are screwed. You can send them the new one, but they will keep both in your file. It may not kill you application though, unless you left the wrong school name in the PS. I would leave the small error alone. It is better to make an unknown mistake than to show carelessness.

alangsto

Postby alangsto » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:20 pm

Thanks its a school I feel good about numbers wise.

tennisking88

Postby tennisking88 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:26 pm

Wouldn't lose sleep over it. Nothing you can do. If it's your absolute first choice, I'd call them and see if you can submit another draft, but if not, then whatever.

MartianManhunter

Postby MartianManhunter » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:44 pm

It's not that big of a deal. Call, explain, email them the new one.

theadvancededit

Postby theadvancededit » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:51 am

alangsto wrote:The ps was intended for that school but the one I attached had not been thoroughly reviewed (my fault for mixing up the 2).

It depends on how garish the difference is between the two. If it's woefully unedited and it was sent to your top school (meaning, your top target school, not your #1 reach school), then I would call and tell them. But if it's wrong only by a few misplaced commas here and there, don't sweat it.

horrorbusiness

Postby horrorbusiness » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:23 am

you dun goofed, big, but i dont think it could be that bad. they'll probably let it go if you call and explain that you were just goofin'

KeepitKind

Postby KeepitKind » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:44 am

horrorbusiness wrote:you dun goofed, big, but i dont think it could be that bad. they'll probably let it go if you call and explain that you were just goofin'

ya just tell them u did it as a goof. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtcbVUNO1NY

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”