Addendum Advice Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Kess

Bronze

Re: Addendum Advice

Post by Kess » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:51 pm

I meant that a lot of people take the SAT just because it's expected of them. I think it's easier to score in a higher percentile on the SAT for that reason. But in any case, that's just my speculation. I don't think the difference between 64th and 74th percentile is all that great for these purposes.

moneybagsphd

Silver

Post by moneybagsphd » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:55 pm

I wouldn't dig up the past. Everyone knows that standardized tests (SAT/LSAT) aren't predictive of success. Colleges and law schools just need a way of discriminating between applicants with similar GPAs. Retake, score in the 170s, and then write an addendum blaming your first score on the flu or something.

Kess

Bronze

Post by Kess » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:47 pm

moneybagsphd wrote:I wouldn't dig up the past. Everyone knows that standardized tests (SAT/LSAT) aren't predictive of success. Colleges and law schools just need a way of discriminating between applicants with similar GPAs. Retake, score in the 170s, and then write an addendum blaming your first score on the flu or something.
Ideal but not realistic

theadvancededit

Bronze

Post by theadvancededit » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:18 am

moneybagsphd wrote: Retake, score in the 170s, and then write an addendum blaming your first score on the flu or something.
Lying is not the way to go on your addendum. And, it's not the way to start your law career. Just saying.

Kess

Bronze

Post by Kess » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:38 pm

theadvancededit wrote:
moneybagsphd wrote: Retake, score in the 170s, and then write an addendum blaming your first score on the flu or something.
Lying is not the way to go on your addendum. And, it's not the way to start your law career. Just saying.
I agree. I wasn't saying I would do this, I just meant it would be ideal if I can retake and get a 170, but it won't happen.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

theadvancededit

Bronze

Post by theadvancededit » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:18 pm

Kess wrote:I agree. I wasn't saying I would do this, I just meant it would be ideal if I can retake and get a 170, but it won't happen.
I get it, don't worry. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”