Classic Cars or Manual Labor for PS Topic?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
lawschool?s

Classic Cars or Manual Labor for PS Topic?

Postby lawschool?s » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:36 am

Should I talk about my passion for classic cars and restoring them and how buying and selling 9 classic cars before the age of 19 and the negotiating back and force between people was always so enjoyable to me and that was originally the catalyst for me wanted to become a lawyer.

Or

Should I talk about how the last year years through out college I have worked physical labor jobs (primarily construction, landscaping, and dishwashing) in order to graduate from undergrad debt free and this has motivated me to go to law school to do something I actually enjoy and that I find intellectually stimulating?

I was trying to think of ways of combining them buy it might be hard in a 2 page personal statement.

lrslayer

Re: Classic Cars or Manual Labor for PS Topic?

Postby lrslayer » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:55 am

lawschool?s wrote:Should I talk about my passion for classic cars and restoring them and how buying and selling 9 classic cars before the age of 19 and the negotiating back and force between people was always so enjoyable to me and that was originally the catalyst for me wanted to become a lawyer.

Or

Should I talk about how the last year years through out college I have worked physical labor jobs (primarily construction, landscaping, and dishwashing) in order to graduate from undergrad debt free and this has motivated me to go to law school to do something I actually enjoy and that I find intellectually stimulating?

I was trying to think of ways of combining them buy it might be hard in a 2 page personal statement.

i think the first option would be interesting, unique and more compelling then the second option due to the fact that many people have experience 2 the same as you but not many share the first experience

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”