Resume Help

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Kess

Resume Help

Postby Kess » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:14 pm

So I'd be quite interested in getting some of y'all's feedback on my resume, but I seem to be technologically challenged. How do I paste a picture of it into here?

SnoDog

Re: Resume Help

Postby SnoDog » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:12 am

I'm sure there are multiple ways to do this, but a common method which I use for screen shots is:

1. Open up your document and have it sized and centered so that everything you would like to be visible can be seen on the screen without scrolling/adjusting.

2. Press the "prt sc" (print screen) key on your keyboard. This key is usually placed near the top right corner of most keyboards. This will take a snapshot of your whole screen, in whatever way it was visible when you pressed the key.

3. The "screen shot" is now saved in your clipboard, so open up any basic image editing software such as MS Paint, and just right click and paste (or ctrl+v) onto a new page and you should now see an image of your desktop that you took a screen shot of.

4. Go ahead and do some basic editing to the image, most likely all you will need to do is crop the parts you want, such as cropping out the actual portion of the resume, and leaving out all of the other random stuff shown in the image such as your desktop tool bars, web browser, music window, etc.

5. "Save as" the finished image as a .jpg or whatever file you prefer, and you're done. I don't think TLS allows photo attachments to be directly uploaded on here, so you will have to upload the photo to some other web source. You can use things such as Facebook too, IIRC. Once you upload the photo, right click the photo in it's new web space, click properties to get the image's address. Then copy the address and once you're ready to post the image on here, click the "Img" button located near the top of the text box, then once you see the two new brackets created, paste the image's address in between them.

6. Once you submit your post, TLS should automatically fetch the image from the web-source and include it for viewing in your post.

Hope this helps.

Kess

Re: Resume Help

Postby Kess » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:22 am

Thanks!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”