look at my LOR?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
JDndMSW

look at my LOR?

Postby JDndMSW » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:45 pm

My LOR writer requested feedback (I think this may be her first shes written for LS) anyone want to help me out?

JDndMSW

Re: look at my LOR?

Postby JDndMSW » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:15 pm

please? :D

freestallion

Postby freestallion » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:10 am

I don't think you're supposed to go around showing your LOR to random strangers. You're not even supposed to really help in writing or editing it much, as far as I know. Bad idea.

Postby 071816 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:19 am

I'm pretty sure YOU aren't even supposed to be looking at your LOR.

--ImageRemoved--

holdencaulfield

Postby holdencaulfield » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:20 am

I'd give her feedback. Just sayin...

***edit***

I meant "if I were you, I'd giver her feedback." I, personally, won't do anything.

Also, for what it's worth, I requested my LOR's in person. I'd ask if they'd write one and then hand them a letter from me asking for a LOR. In the letter I explained what lawschools were looking for, that I hoped my work reflected that I was a bright student who was able to grasp concepts quickly, and that I hoped my on-campus activities demonstrated great leadership skills. Basically, I let them know exactly what I hoped they would write. This is certainly not appropriate in most cases, but I was very comfortable with my profs; sounds like your writer might have appreciated something similar.

JDndMSW

Postby JDndMSW » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:51 am

I would never have asked to see the letter she is requesting feedback from me. I still am waiving my RIGHT to ever see the letter. I will never know what she ends up sending. As an up in coming professor it also could be valuable to her and future students to have feedback on what a valuable LOR for LS constitutes.
Chill Dude.

Postby 071816 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:57 am

JDndMSW wrote:I would never have asked to see the letter she is requesting feedback from me. I still am waiving my RIGHT to ever see the letter. I will never know what she ends up sending. As an up in coming professor it also could be valuable to her and future students to have feedback on what a valuable LOR for LS constitutes.
Chill Dude.

I was just joking dude.

JDndMSW

Postby JDndMSW » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:32 am

chimp wrote:
JDndMSW wrote:I would never have asked to see the letter she is requesting feedback from me. I still am waiving my RIGHT to ever see the letter. I will never know what she ends up sending. As an up in coming professor it also could be valuable to her and future students to have feedback on what a valuable LOR for LS constitutes.
Chill Dude.

I was just joking dude.

I wasn't referring to you, I get jokes.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:15 pm

Waiving your right to see LOR doesn't preclude you from reading it should the professor request it.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”