PS and DS

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
JayTeeDee

PS and DS

Postby JayTeeDee » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:29 pm

Not sure if this has been asked already but I feel like my Diversity statement is an important part of my application. It is also very different from my personal statement. Should I try to combine them or would it be alright if I sent both to schools, even if they don't ask for both?

kublaikahn

Re: PS and DS

Postby kublaikahn » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:20 am

JayTeeDee wrote:Not sure if this has been asked already but I feel like my Diversity statement is an important part of my application. It is also very different from my personal statement. Should I try to combine them or would it be alright if I sent both to schools, even if they don't ask for both?

In this case, more is more.

erikjc

Postby erikjc » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:06 pm

I think it's better that they're separate, that way the diversity part is highlighted more and presented as distinct from your main personal statement. It's also probably easier for the adcomms to comprehend. At least that's how I'm doing it. My quandary was whether to combine my Why X stuff into my PS or write a separate Why X essay. Similar question to yours... what do you think?

JayTeeDee

Postby JayTeeDee » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:07 pm

I completely agree. I don't want to combine them because I am afraid it will take away from each essay. I think you should keep your essays separate as well. Combining them will cause us both to lose the main idea of each essay.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”