general ps question

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
easye25

general ps question

Postby easye25 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:54 pm

I have been working on my ps and I am having difficulty including everything I need to say within the prescribed two page limit certain schools want me to abide by. I have been thinking of instead of including why I want to go to law school in my personal statement, I just submit an additional why x law school statement and include why I want to go to law school within that structure. That way my ps will be just about the uniqueness of my experiences and my ability to succeed in Law School. Is this acceptable or should I attempt to fit it into my PS?

chem

Re: general ps question

Postby chem » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:04 pm

http://www.top-law-schools.com/writing- ... endum.html

Funny how I can answer most questions on this site with a link to another page on this site

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:06 pm

because most questions have already been asked.

admisionquestion

Postby admisionquestion » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:21 pm

chem wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/writing-effective-why-x-addendum.html

Funny how I can answer most questions on this site with a link to another page on this site

Its not a bad thing. People have questions. It is easy for them to get answers this way. TLS provides a helpful service... Yeah they could search but Forum Searches are usually crap and new folk don't know what questions are obviously answered.

kublaikahn

Postby kublaikahn » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:35 am

easye25 wrote:I am having difficulty including everything I need to say within the prescribed two page limit certain schools want me to abide by.

This is their subtle way of telling you that you lack the writing skills to be a lawyer.

Ha ha. Just kidding. I wrote a why x to every school I really wanted to go to. My Why X was always well researched and directed to the prideful identity of the school. You have to dig below the website to figure this out.

My PS said nothing about why I wanted to go to that school or even be a lawyer. (Some would say this was a mistake) But I made sure I wrote a PS that would stick with the reader for a very long time. I feel it produced good results.

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:41 am

The 2-page rule is not universal. Research each school to find their limit and proceed accordingly.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”