Should I continue writing, send in a LOCI? Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
grayfoxx13

New

Should I continue writing, send in a LOCI?

Post by grayfoxx13 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:48 pm

Hi everyone, I hope I am not wasting your time. Right now I am waiting for a decision from USC and it has been awhile. I sent in my application on 12/14 of last year and my status was updated on 3/2 and today is 3/25 with no word since. I just wanted your advice if I should bother continue writing and refining a letter of continued intent or I should just let them make their decision first? I don't want to post what I have so far, since I literally just wrote it. However, I really don't have anything to add from the "what have you done lately column" and didn't express the same area of interest that I explained in my personal statement (which was labor law).

What I basically did in my LOCI was: express that USC was my #1 choice and that if accepted I would attend, demonstrate that I wanted to experience a more vibrant atmosphere which their university would provide, and show my interest in the their sports and entertainment program and show my passion for those realms. So what do you think? Should I continue working on it and send it in, or would it only be detrimental and I should just continue hoping that I get in?

Sorry if I wasted your time, and thanks for reading.

zla2014

Bronze

Re: Should I continue writing, send in a LOCI?

Post by zla2014 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:03 pm

grayfoxx13 wrote:Hi everyone, I hope I am not wasting your time. Right now I am waiting for a decision from USC and it has been awhile. I sent in my application on 12/14 of last year and my status was updated on 3/2 and today is 3/25 with no word since. I just wanted your advice if I should bother continue writing and refining a letter of continued intent or I should just let them make their decision first? I don't want to post what I have so far, since I literally just wrote it. However, I really don't have anything to add from the "what have you done lately column" and didn't express the same area of interest that I explained in my personal statement (which was labor law).

What I basically did in my LOCI was: express that USC was my #1 choice and that if accepted I would attend, demonstrate that I wanted to experience a more vibrant atmosphere which their university would provide, and show my interest in the their sports and entertainment program and show my passion for those realms. So what do you think? Should I continue working on it and send it in, or would it only be detrimental and I should just continue hoping that I get in?

Sorry if I wasted your time, and thanks for reading.
Don't send it yet. LOCIs are meant to be sent after you've gotten a decision from the school. If you want to have it ready in event that you are waitlisted, maybe throw in a sentence or two that reiterates same area of interest you mentioned in your PS. If you still want to do something to stand out and show them you're still interested then call the admissions office and plan a trip to visit the school.

bp shinners

Gold

Re: Should I continue writing, send in a LOCI?

Post by bp shinners » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Can't hurt to have it ready, and there are very few essays that end up over-polished.

On the plus side, it'll give you something to do besides sit there and wait :)

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”