Addendum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
CanesaLuva

Addendum

Postby CanesaLuva » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:15 pm

Hi, I had a quick question. I am making a separate addendum for a law school that both my parents went to undergrad, have grown up a huge fan of the school, i've visited twice, and just have a strong passion for going there. I want to make this addendum short and sweet, but I want to get the point across that their school is a top priority for me.

Any ideas of a good way to go about this?

CanesaLuva

Re: Addendum

Postby CanesaLuva » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:56 pm

I’ve always known the University of XXX was where I wanted to be. With my father being an alumnus, and my mother attending, I loved XXX since a very young age. My passion for XXX athletics is unfathomable. I am everything the XXX brand represents. But that passion had only transcended the athletic teams until I first visited the law school in October of 2009. My junior year in undergrad, I flew in from XXX to visit the law school (And see XXX v XXX). Once I stepped foot on campus, I knew I could see myself living in XXX. But it wasn’t until I got a tour of the law school, that I knew that the XXX was the right fit for me. After leaving, I had an urge to come back to XXX. Months later, in February of 2010, I booked a flight back to XXX. I made a request to visit the law school again, and of course bought tickets for XXX vs. XXX. Upon my second visit, it only reconfirmed my initial thoughts that the XXX law school was where I wanted to be. Instead of doing another tour of the law school, XXX took the time to meet with me and answer all questions I had about the school. She expressed the insight and leadership that Dean XXX embraces and I it was something I saw in myself. Everything about the XXX I know will allow me to excel in law school: The campus, academics, professors, but most importantly, the vision of the law program. I hope to be able to bring a unique vision and prospective to the XXX law school and the XXX brand.

Thoughts???

sparty99

Postby sparty99 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:29 pm

This is poorly written and should not be submitted.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:34 pm

yeah that's kind of a lame addendum. what about an ED contract if you're dying to go....otherwise make that much shorter and don't include any information about booking flights and the like. totally irrelevant

DarkPhantom

Postby DarkPhantom » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:37 pm

I don't think a separate addenda is needed, but rather include something in the Personal statement. If you have a general one, tweak it for this particular school.

CanesaLuva

Postby CanesaLuva » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:22 pm

thanks.. yeah i did this in 5 min just to get thoughts out. i asked about putting it in my ps and they said if it fit.. if not you can do a separate addendum. thanks guys for the input

esq

Postby esq » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:37 pm

Still though, this needs to be re-formatted entirely - even if you do put it directly into your PS.

glewz

Postby glewz » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:42 pm

This article contains tips on writing a Why X School Statement: http://www.top-law-schools.com/writing- ... endum.html

This thread's on letters of continued interest: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27169&p=544481&hilit=ken+loci#p544481

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”