Addendum Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
aguaman13

New

Re: Addendum

Post by aguaman13 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:19 am

Here is a more self-scolding version:

As wonderful as my time abroad has been for my development as a person and potential law student, there has been one downside. By failing to properly anticipate problems that I have encountered, my undergraduate grade point average was significantly marred. Along my journey a computer was stolen and another was irreparably damaged, causing me to receiving non-passing grades during the Fall terms of 2008 and 2009. I should have been better prepared for these possibilities, especially after the first instance. I retook each of the three courses and received high marks, but the upward trend in my undergraduate performance was nonetheless stunted. As a result, this stands as the only aspect of my time abroad that I regret.

Maybe this is a better way to go?

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:05 pm

I have a different misconduct addendum that I could use some help with. If anyone could send me a PM I'll share it with you.

DarkPhantom

Bronze

Post by DarkPhantom » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:43 am

agua, better than the first one.

kublaikahn

Silver

Post by kublaikahn » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:16 pm

aguaman13 wrote:Here is a more self-scolding version:

As wonderful as While my time abroad has been for instrumental in my development as a person and potential law student, there has been one downside. By failing to properly anticipate problems that I have encountered,my undergraduate grade point average was significantly marred, when I failed to plan for problems that I faced on two international trips. Along my journey a computer was stolen and another was irreparably damaged accidentally destroyed. Having no backup of my files and papers due to my failure to plan for this, I received causing me to receivingnon-passing grades during the Fall terms of 2008 and 2009. I learned from my experience and from my stern professors that I need to be I should have beenbetter prepared for these possibilities, especially after the first instance potential pitfalls. My GPA reflects that I retook each of the three courses and received high marks, but the LSDAS GPA does not, and as such the upward trend in my undergraduate performance was diminished nonetheless stunted. As a result, this stands as the only aspect of my time abroad that I regret. While I value my travels in every way, my only regret is I learned this valuable lesson too late.

Maybe this is a better way to go?

aguaman13

New

Post by aguaman13 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:19 am

Thanks for the help on this. It seems as if I can get all of the same information while still sounding contrite.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”