I Will PAY You If You Can Give Me a GREAT Critique of My PS

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
JoeShmoe11

I Will PAY You If You Can Give Me a GREAT Critique of My PS

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:50 pm

Hello everyone. I've contacted quite a few people about my personal statement and am nearing my final draft. Since I am nearing my final draft I could really use some HARSH and competent critiquers/editors to help me out. However I'm sure that the best critiquers are very busy people. So I am using the Capitalism approach and I am offering $5 sent via Paypal to anyone who can give me a SOLID critique of my paper and help me turn it into an Ivy-worthy piece. I'll even swap with you in addition to paying you! I have a couple of things I would like help with specifically. If you are interested shoot me a PM. The key here though is that I need some REALLY competent critiquers - people with writing experience and others with Ivy ambitions come to mind.

I'm not an elitist or anything so if you are neither of these and think you are a competent critiquer please feel free to PM me. Even f you don't give me the best advice I will definitely still be up to swap! :lol: I've done about twenty edits/critiques now so I should be helpful!

UPDATE: Wow only 35 minutes and I've already had quite a few people contact me. I've emailed my essay to two people who agreed to go over it for $5. Once I hear back from them and make the suggested changes I will probably require additional assistance. In the meantime anyone interested please send me a PM and I will PM you back if I need any more help. Thanks to everyone who has already contacted me!!
Last edited by JoeShmoe11 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

ResolutePear

Re: I Will PAY You If You Can Give Me a GREAT Critique of My PS

Postby ResolutePear » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:53 pm

JoeShmoe11 wrote:Hello everyone. I've contacted quite a few people about my personal statement and am nearing my final draft. Since I am nearing my final draft I could really use some HARSH and competent critiquers/editors to help me out. However I'm sure that the best critiquers are very busy people. So I am using the Capitalism approach and I am offering $5 sent via Paypal to anyone who can give me a SOLID critique of my paper and help me turn it into an Ivy-worthy piece. I'll even swap with you in addition to paying you! I have a couple of things I would like help with specifically. If you are interested shoot me a PM. The key here though is that I need some REALLY competent critiquers - people with writing experience and others with Ivy ambitions come to mind.

I'm not an elitist or anything so if you are neither of these and think you are a competent critiquer please feel free to PM me. Even f you don't give me the best advice I will definitely still be up to swap! :lol: I've done about twenty edits/critiques now so I should be helpful!

I don't understand...

If you're willing to pay: ask a professor and buy him a coffee/beer/scotch while you guys talk about it.

JoeShmoe11

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:54 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:Hello everyone. I've contacted quite a few people about my personal statement and am nearing my final draft. Since I am nearing my final draft I could really use some HARSH and competent critiquers/editors to help me out. However I'm sure that the best critiquers are very busy people. So I am using the Capitalism approach and I am offering $5 sent via Paypal to anyone who can give me a SOLID critique of my paper and help me turn it into an Ivy-worthy piece. I'll even swap with you in addition to paying you! I have a couple of things I would like help with specifically. If you are interested shoot me a PM. The key here though is that I need some REALLY competent critiquers - people with writing experience and others with Ivy ambitions come to mind.

I don't understand...

If you're willing to pay: ask a professor and buy him a coffee/beer/scotch while you guys talk about it.

Unfortunately I wasn't in school this last semester and haven't started the coming semester yet so I don't really have access to any of my UG's services. Thank you for the suggestion though.

duckmoney

Postby duckmoney » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:07 am

I will do it for $5. Pm me and I can get it to you tomorrow.

NorCalBruin

Postby NorCalBruin » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:10 am

Ask anyone who's PS I've critiqued... I'm the most thorough. I'm in.

gothamm

Postby gothamm » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:18 am

hey js, not sure if you received my message, but send it over. Again, thanks for taking a look at my ps.

JoeShmoe11

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:25 am

I've emailed my essay to two people who agreed to go over it for $5. Duckmoney once I hear back from them and make the suggested changes I will get back to you and let you know if I need further assistance Chances are I probably will. In the meantime anyone interested please send me a PM and I will PM you back after my next draft.

jennamc_85

Postby jennamc_85 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:40 pm

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”