Louisian Law Schools - PS about Oil Spill/Katrina Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Gamecock227

New

Louisian Law Schools - PS about Oil Spill/Katrina

Post by Gamecock227 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:20 pm

I am originally from Pittsburgh, PA son of an airline employee who traveled an extreme amount (40 States - 8 Countries) I was from a family of 6 and my father made < 45K a year. I wouldn't consider my upbringing poor but def frugal! I would wonder if it would be corny to write a personal statement to LSU and Loyola that Katrina and the Oil Spill honestly engendered my desire to practice law (particularly Environmental Law) on the Gulf Coast. My parents have moved to New Olreans in 2008 and that was our favorite city to visit, I would go 2x a year minimum as I grew up.

I also have an addendum question, my GPA was 2.91, 3.3 my last 2 years of College... my First three years I had around a 2.6 a High School friend of mine died my first semester of college the next day my Grandmother was diagnosed with a terminal illness she died 7 months later, and a month before she died my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. I dont want anyones pity, perse, but I feel someone who had to work 40 hours a week to fund their own college, had 3 life changing tragedies, and yet perservered through everything should get a bit of slack sent their way.

How much do people look into these addendums?

P.S. my LSAT is 160 most websites put me at about a 65% chance at LSU my hopeful destination any insight would be greatly appreciated on all of these topics!

Thanks!

LSATclincher

Bronze

Re: Louisian Law Schools - PS about Oil Spill/Katrina

Post by LSATclincher » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:09 pm

Stick w/ telling a nice life story

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”