Critique my PS--Swaps Welcome! (Super Late Applicant) Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
supermannn

New

Critique my PS--Swaps Welcome! (Super Late Applicant)

Post by supermannn » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:06 am

Last edited by supermannn on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

supermannn

New

Re: Critique my PS PLZ! (SUPER LATE APPLICANT)

Post by supermannn » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:49 am

*too impatient* bump :mrgreen:

hokie

Bronze

Post by hokie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:21 am

it is fairly good but not *super* great (had to use that one :mrgreen: ). It definitely sounds like an interesting single experience that turned you towards applying for law school but I feel that you are just focusing on that one incident. I think it would be better if you could shorten all the description about the event and describe a little more about your job at camp, showcasing some of your strengths. Overall, it's pretty good (although there are some grammatical/weirdly worded stuff which I PMed you about) but I would try to make the bulk of it focus more on things you did and/or were able to achieve.

supermannn

New

Post by supermannn » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:08 pm

thanks for the tips hokie. I do see how I go into too much detail about Brian's story and not enough about me. However, when I was looking to cut it down, it was just so hard to take out certain sentences because I remembered nearly every detail of that story (and I wanted to convey how I felt). Any other thoughts?

Flips88

Diamond

Re: Critique my PS--Swaps Welcome! (Super Late Applicant)

Post by Flips88 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:15 pm

LSAT = Law School Admission Test. Saying the LSAT exam is redundant. Just a small thing to fix.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LSATclincher

Bronze

Post by LSATclincher » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:09 pm

I stopped reading this half-way through. Forget Brian, and talk about you. I literally couldn't continue. It seems you have a neat background w/ the scouts (a huge plus if you're attending a conservative law school w/ conservative adcomms). You have to market yourself for the adcomms. By quick glance, this also looks too long. It appears to go beyond 2pgs in 12 font.

supermannn

New

Post by supermannn » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:28 am

thank you for all of the feedback. After re-reading it, I definitely see that I was more telling a story/focusing on Brian rather than marketing myself. I am in the process of writing a nearly new PS and will post it shortly for further critique. Thanks again everyone; all of your help is truly the best!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”