Anyone else write a PS about teaching English in ASIA?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
phannahan44

Anyone else write a PS about teaching English in ASIA?

Postby phannahan44 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:19 pm

I just returned from a year there, in China, and want to write about that experience. I know lots (ok, maybe not LOTS) but enough other people have done similar things and was just wondering how you tied that experience into wanting to go to law school, etc?

I could write for days and days on the experience(s) in China but am looking for more of a focused "scope."

Hope this makes sense? Thanks guys.

pinkzeppelin

Re: Anyone else write a PS about teaching English in ASIA?

Postby pinkzeppelin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:24 pm

Actually, I wouldn't tie that into wanting to go to law school. It will probably feel forced and unnatural. Personal statements don't have to talk about why law school. I didn't. Schools know you want to go to law schools (you're applying) you don't have to give them a reason. Give them insight into who you are and how this experience changed you.

ballpop

Postby ballpop » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:48 pm

I wrote about it---but it was more my experiences there as part of why I applied, not really the teaching itself

phannahan44

Postby phannahan44 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:42 am

bump. Anyone!?

WayBryson

Postby WayBryson » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:26 pm

I did. I posted it under the Personal Statements example thread. It should be on one of the last 2 pages. I have lived in Japan for the past three and a half years.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:51 pm

I did my PS about teaching overseas. Mostly my PS focused how that experience helped me grow personally and professionally -- like gaining leadership abilities by being responsible for a class of 30 students, or learning to be assertive and how to command respect when the tweens were obnoxious.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”