First draft, please tell me if lame idea, other idea options

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
mala2

Bronze

First draft, please tell me if lame idea, other idea options

Postby mala2 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:42 am

thanks! I'll try the other one

Other things I could use if this sucks:
1. I've moved about 40 times and been to every continent except Antarctica and Australia, don't really know how to make that a PS though
2. I'm a single mom and managed to get my MA while in the army and taking care of a baby
3. Random childhood stories
Last edited by mala2 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sparty99

Gold

Re: First draft, please tell me if lame idea, other idea options

Postby sparty99 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:24 am

I'm not feeling this story, but getting a MA, being in the army, and having a baby sounds interesting. Tell it.

kitmitzi

New

Postby kitmitzi » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:06 am

I've moved about 40 times and been to every continent except Antarctica and Australia, don't really know how to make that a PS though

You might be able to make this a DS.

nygrrrl

Gold

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:09 am

sparty99 wrote:I'm not feeling this story, but getting a MA, being in the army, and having a baby sounds interesting. Tell it.

Honestly, I think this is the story that will make you stand out from other candidates. Can you use this story as a means for showing how you deal with problem-solving and why you want to go to law school? (Personally, in my PS I took one small-but-concrete issue that I had to deal with in my work/life and used it to show what kind of leader I am: how I approach a problem, how I address ethical issues, level of determination, delegation of responsibility, etc. Tried to use the issue to show what kind of a law student I would be. Does that make sense? I'll bet you have some great stuff to work with!)

Return to “Law School Personal Statements�