Garamond, 12 pt?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
romothesavior

Re: Garamond, 12 pt?

Postby romothesavior » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:16 am

I love Rad Law. (And Times New Roman 12 pt. font)

That is all.

NZA

Postby NZA » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:48 am

When I write emails, I use Georgia.

When I write papers, send formal letters, or write shit that matters I don't buck the system. I use TNR.

I think Rad Law said it best: why wouldn't you use it? Why would you use some other, random font? Why wouldn't you just do what you know you're supposed to do and use TNR?

'Tis puzzling to this young TLSer. But, wtf do I care, use Garamond, I guess.

bigkahuna2020

Postby bigkahuna2020 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:56 am

NZA wrote:When I write emails, I use Georgia.

When I write papers, send formal letters, or write shit that matters I don't buck the system. I use TNR.

I think Rad Law said it best: why wouldn't you use it? Why would you use some other, random font? Why wouldn't you just do what you know you're supposed to do and use TNR?

'Tis puzzling to this young TLSer. But, wtf do I care, use Garamond, I guess.

Creepy. I've never used TNR. Book Antiqua and Garamond. Anyway, after looking through I still dunno what I will do---it's short enough for TNR so I'll prolly use that

usuaggie

Postby usuaggie » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:14 pm

bigkahuna2020 wrote:
usuaggie wrote:do ctrl F, click advanced, type a period in the find box and a period in the replace box, and make word replace all your periods with size 8 periods. do the same for commas and spaces. it'll fit into two pages.

I seriously doubt this...unless a change moves the end of a paragraph up a line I;m not sure about this...also your essay would look really weird if all the punctuation was bite sized

you can't tell. I've made spaces size 16 to lengthen it and periods/commas size 8 to shorten it. you can't tell.

bigkahuna2020

Postby bigkahuna2020 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:29 pm

usuaggie wrote:
bigkahuna2020 wrote:
usuaggie wrote:do ctrl F, click advanced, type a period in the find box and a period in the replace box, and make word replace all your periods with size 8 periods. do the same for commas and spaces. it'll fit into two pages.

I seriously doubt this...unless a change moves the end of a paragraph up a line I;m not sure about this...also your essay would look really weird if all the punctuation was bite sized

you can't tell. I've made spaces size 16 to lengthen it and periods/commas size 8 to shorten it. you can't tell.

...this really only seems to work if your entire essay is blocked with no paragraphs

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:17 pm

bigkahuna2020 wrote:
usuaggie wrote:
bigkahuna2020 wrote:

...this really only seems to work if your entire essay is blocked with no paragraphs

That is not the case.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”