PS - 2 pages or 3 pages ???

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
srpaik

PS - 2 pages or 3 pages ???

Postby srpaik » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:10 pm

I have written a PS, and it was originally 3 pages double-spaced, and I've cut it down to 2 pages. I'm not sending in any DS or optional essays, and my resume is only 1 page. Here's my question:

Should I send in the 3 pages version of PS if no page-limit is on the application? Given that the rest of my application has not much to read, would 3 pages version be ok?

Thanks.

Knock

Re: PS - 2 pages or 3 pages ???

Postby Knock » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:51 pm

srpaik wrote:I have written a PS, and it was originally 3 pages double-spaced, and I've cut it down to 2 pages. I'm not sending in any DS or optional essays, and my resume is only 1 page. Here's my question:

Should I send in the 3 pages version of PS if no page-limit is on the application? Given that the rest of my application has not much to read, would 3 pages version be ok?

Thanks.

This is really a question only you can answer. If you feel like the 3 page offers substantial more depth or insight into yourself or your story, then send it. None of us can really answer that without reading your PS versions. If there is no page limit then I think 3 would okay, but 2 pages seems to be the "norm." Personally, I would submit the 2 page PS unless I had some phenomenal story or absolutely needed that last page. Adcomms read thousands upon thousands of these essays, and for the most part, you can tell whatever you need to in two pages of concise writing.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”