minor conduct addendum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
JJDancer

minor conduct addendum

Postby JJDancer » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:14 pm

My situation is very minor but Cornell wants me to write an addendum + send a dean's cert. I'm not sure if my addendum is ok. What do you thinkl? It's in response to have you ever "been warned"

Once in December 2006 and again in September 2007, I was given administrative violations by University Police for being under 21 years of age while attending dormitory birthday parties where alcohol was being served. I had not been drinking, but University Police did not have a test I could take to prove my sobriety. No formal charges were filed and no disciplinary action was taken against me. Since these events occurred a few years ago, I do not have a clear recollection of all communication from the University. However, per university policy, I probably received an e-mail warning about underage drinking. My alma mater has a policy of expunging students’ records upon graduation; therefore, I do not have any way to verify this information.

BrownBears09

Re: minor conduct addendum

Postby BrownBears09 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:18 pm

JJDancer wrote:My situation is very minor but Cornell wants me to write an addendum + send a dean's cert. I'm not sure if my addendum is ok. What do you thinkl? It's in response to have you ever "been warned"

Once in December 2006 and again in September 2007, I was given administrative violations by University Police for being under 21 years of age while attending dormitory birthday parties where alcohol was being served. I had not been drinking, but University Police did not have a test I could take to prove my sobriety. No formal charges were filed and no disciplinary action was taken against me. Since these events occurred a few years ago, I do not have a clear recollection of all communication from the University. However, per university policy, I probably received an e-mail warning about underage drinking. My alma mater has a policy of expunging students’ records upon graduation; therefore, I do not have any way to verify this information. Per university policies, any record of the incident was expunged upon graduation.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”