Need sentence correction for 2 sentences please

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
binarycode

Need sentence correction for 2 sentences please

Postby binarycode » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi everyone. Here are the 2 sentences:

"With all the experience and knowledge that I have gained, I am now confident that I can succeed in a demanding career, as my enthusiasm for environmental law constantly grows. As a science student, I have solid scientific knowledge in many fields and I have excelled in my comparative physiology course which focused on global environmental problems. "

I will appreciate early reply. Thanks!

s0ph1e2007

Re: Need sentence correction for 2 sentences please

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:50 pm

binarycode wrote:Hi everyone. Here are the 2 sentences:

"With all the experience and knowledge that I have gained, I am now confident that I can succeed in a demanding career, as my enthusiasm for environmental law constantly grows. As a science student, I have solid scientific knowledge in many fields and I have excelled in my comparative physiology course which focused on global environmental problems. "

As my enthusiasm for environmental law continues to grow, my information and experiences in the area of environmental science have grown in kind. Additionally, my experience as an X major at Y has left me confident that I can succeed in a career practicing environmental law.

WayBryson

Postby WayBryson » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:19 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
binarycode wrote:Hi everyone. Here are the 2 sentences:

As my enthusiasm for environmental law continues to grow, my information and experiences in the area of environmental science have grown in kind. Additionally, my experience as an X major at Y has left me confident that I can succeed in a career practicing environmental law.

This is good. I would change "my information" to "my knowledge" though. If you keep your original then you need a comma after fields because both sides of the conjunction are complete sentences.

binarycode

Postby binarycode » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:06 pm

Thank you s0ph1e2007 for the correction. It sounds more professional now. And thank you WayBryson for confirmation.

I look forward to hearing more suggestions, if any.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:51 pm

Not sure of your intended meaning without more information regarding your "experience", but consider:

Experience and knowledge gained from studying science and global environmental issues has created confident enthusiasm for pursuing a career in environmental law.

Or:

My confident enthusiasm for pursuing a career in environmental law arose from my study of science involving global environmental issues.

binarycode

Postby binarycode » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:17 am

CanadianWolf wrote:Not sure of your intended meaning without more information regarding your "experience", but consider:

Experience and knowledge gained from studying science and global environmental issues has created confident enthusiasm for pursuing a career in environmental law.

Or:

My confident enthusiasm for pursuing a career in environmental law arose from my study of science involving global environmental issues.

Thanks for the edit. I don't have very much experience (as far as real-world work experience goes) but I have taken a lot of undergrad ecology and physiology courses that relate to environmental law. I have done substantial research about the topic as well. So I think the second version of your edit describes me better.

The "experience" I referred to was regarding the adversity that I had to overcome in order to graduate. However, I have trouble fitting it nicely into my personal statement.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”