Cardozo PS requirement? Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Bless

Silver

Cardozo PS requirement?

Post by Bless » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:23 pm

Cardozo states that the PS should be two pages double-spaced, which is quite a small letter. My default PS that I am sending to all schools is about two pages single-spaced. Should I just send it in as is? Two pages double-spaced as a PS?! That's incredibly tiny.

Thanks.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: Cardozo PS requirement?

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:15 pm

Bless wrote:Cardozo states that the PS should be two pages double-spaced, which is quite a small letter. My default PS that I am sending to all schools is about two pages single-spaced. Should I just send it in as is? Two pages double-spaced as a PS?! That's incredibly tiny.

Thanks.
The PS that you send to ALL schools should be double-spaced, no exceptions. Where did you go to high school and undergrad that you don't know this?

No matter who you are and how well you write, your PS can be cut down to 2 pages, and in most cases will be improved by it.

canes

Bronze

Post by canes » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:10 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Bless wrote:Cardozo states that the PS should be two pages double-spaced, which is quite a small letter. My default PS that I am sending to all schools is about two pages single-spaced. Should I just send it in as is? Two pages double-spaced as a PS?! That's incredibly tiny.

Thanks.
The PS that you send to ALL schools should be double-spaced, no exceptions. Where did you go to high school and undergrad that you don't know this?

No matter who you are and how well you write, your PS can be cut down to 2 pages, and in most cases will be improved by it.
This... Cut it down. A lot.

Bless

Silver

Post by Bless » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:37 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:

Thanks.

I wasn't implying that I had intentions of sending it single-spaced. What I was asking is whether or not I should send it (double-spaced) at its current length which would be three and a quarter pages long. A two-page double-spaced PS is incredibly small, and only half the length of my PS that I have written.

Basically they are asking for a PS that would be one page if singled-spaced. That's insane to me.

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:42 pm

MOST schools have a 2 pg or 3 pg double spaced max (some exceptions: Berkeley, USC etc)

It's a REAAAALLY bad idea to send a "three and a quarter page" ps to a "2 page max" school.
At the least, follow directions. Maybe you can use 0.5 inch margins and 11 point font. After that, pick one big thing to cut out of your PS. Then make sure it still flows. Then send.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”