Please Critique my Why UVA? (170, 3.98). Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
djeter2

New

Please Critique my Why UVA? (170, 3.98).

Post by djeter2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:11 pm

I have deleted my original post. Thank you to those who PMed me.
Last edited by djeter2 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djeter2

New

Re: Please Critique my Why UVA? (170, 3.98).

Post by djeter2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Sorry, I meant to add that I am happy to trade!

LSU Undergrad

New

Post by LSU Undergrad » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:09 pm

I'm just curious, why did you write a why UVA? For scholarship consideration? You're an obvious admit, if you applied ED you would be accepted on the spot.

As for the content, it seems like you have valid reasons for wanting to attend UVA. If you are genuinely interested in public interest, UVA's loan repayment is about as good as it gets.

Shooter

Bronze

Post by Shooter » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:15 pm

Just cut out all the big words (cogently, fortuitiously, picturesque, etc.) and you should be fine. At the present time you don't sound like a real person.

Also, does UVA have a page length for their "Why Virginia?" essays?

djeter2

New

Post by djeter2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:19 pm

LSU Undergrad wrote:I'm just curious, why did you write a why UVA? For scholarship consideration? You're an obvious admit, if you applied ED you would be accepted on the spot.

As for the content, it seems like you have valid reasons for wanting to attend UVA. If you are genuinely interested in public interest, UVA's loan repayment is about as good as it gets.
Thanks! Yes, I wrote this because I am hoping to get either the 25k or 30k per year, which a lot of people with my numbers have received. The 30k would probably decide everything for me, because I really meant it when I said it was my first choice. It was a great visit.

LSU Undergrad

New

Post by LSU Undergrad » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:04 pm

djeter2 wrote:
LSU Undergrad wrote:I'm just curious, why did you write a why UVA? For scholarship consideration? You're an obvious admit, if you applied ED you would be accepted on the spot.

Thanks! Yes, I wrote this because I am hoping to get either the 25k or 30k per year, which a lot of people with my numbers have received. The 30k would probably decide everything for me, because I really meant it when I said it was my first choice. It was a great visit.
Good luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”