Typos on Binding Early Decision Application Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Horsefeathers

New

Typos on Binding Early Decision Application

Post by Horsefeathers » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:39 pm

So I screwed up...

Despite proofing my ps and addendum several times before submitting for Early Binding decision to Virginia, I missed a typo in my ps and one in a low-grades addendum.

* The typo in the ps was "the role natural spaces places in the health of our society," instead of the correct, "the role natural spaces plays in our society."

* The second typo was in the addendum. It read, "...because of financial difficulties, it because neccesary for me to work...."

I'm kicking myself in the ass for letting these slip by!

In any case, given that I've applied for early binding decision, would you recommend that I email/call them and ask to substitute an error free essay and/or addendum? I figure it's likely that the reviewers will spot at least one of these mistakes (probably the addendum one before the ps one), and that this will almost certainly make me come across as careless, or not that committed...
Maybe it makes more sense just to let these slip by? If I send new versions, it is an overt acknowledgement that I screwed up to begin with...

Just FYI, I'm 3.19 GPA, 173 LSAT.
Last edited by Horsefeathers on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

cinephile

Gold

Re: Typos on Binding Early Decision Application

Post by cinephile » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:12 am

It calls more attention to the problem by notifying them. Besides, most people won't notice the first one.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”