Yale 250 - general advice & swaps? Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Confused7

Silver

Yale 250 - general advice & swaps?

Post by Confused7 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:38 pm

Hey guys,

I'm preparing to apply to Yale (a faaaar reach) and would appreciate general advice on the Yale 250 as well as any readers who'd like to swap essays.

First, does anyone know the link to the Yale 250 thread? I think it was created a few cycles back but there were tons of 250 essays there that were very illuminating and helpful. If you know where to find it, please share! Also, I've read a couple of Yale 250s, most of which have focused on academic topics, is it less favorable if you write a personal anecdote? I'm assuming you can really write about anything, but the vast majority of 250s I've seen have not been about the writer themselves.

Thanks for your help!

Confused7

Silver

Re: Yale 250 - general advice & swaps?

Post by Confused7 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:27 pm

So there are 47 views and no replies...please reply or PM me so we can help each other out. :)

amorfati

Bronze

Post by amorfati » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:24 am

Well I know this is a bit late, and perhaps you aren't checking this thread anymore - I just clicked on it because I'm looking for the same thing. But fwiw, I read one good one that was about the size of the writer's head. (I mean literally about the physical size of his head... it was pretty funny, actually.)

ImpatientlyWaiting

New

Post by ImpatientlyWaiting » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:41 am

amorfati wrote:Well I know this is a bit late, and perhaps you aren't checking this thread anymore - I just clicked on it because I'm looking for the same thing. But fwiw, I read one good one that was about the size of the writer's head. (I mean literally about the physical size of his head... it was pretty funny, actually.)

People keep citing that one, but that guy didn't get in. Just saying.

Shloime

Bronze

Post by Shloime » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:58 pm

ImpatientlyWaiting wrote:
amorfati wrote:Well I know this is a bit late, and perhaps you aren't checking this thread anymore - I just clicked on it because I'm looking for the same thing. But fwiw, I read one good one that was about the size of the writer's head. (I mean literally about the physical size of his head... it was pretty funny, actually.)

People keep citing that one, but that guy didn't get in. Just saying.
You sure? It was included asone of several examples of PS's and 250's from "current and recent Latino/a Law Students' Association members" in a packet I received from Yale.

WayBryson

Bronze

Post by WayBryson » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:14 pm

I went the academic route with mine.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”