Time to feed the wolves Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
gin

Bronze

Time to feed the wolves

Post by gin » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:31 pm

I deleted just in case, since it is dead and no longer relevant
Last edited by gin on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

bklynav

New

Re: Time to feed the wolves

Post by bklynav » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:13 am

Well, you know it's disjointed, so I won't discuss that. I personally, would drop the "I love to argue" theme. From what I hear admissions officers hate that topic.

I definitely think you'll have a good essay if you talk about what it was like growing up as a homosexual in Texas. I liked the Heraclitus quotes you used at the beginning. You must have used that quote for a reason; I'd use that as a guideline. How did struggle and discord bring you harmony on a personal level? Was there a lesson you learned from this experience that would help you succeed in law school?
Also, in law there is a lot of discord. Did your experiences and the quote you mentioned give you any insight into the nature of law itself?

gin

Bronze

Post by gin » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:57 am

The problem with the "gay diversity" thing is that after the whole coming out process it wasn't that big of a deal. I tried a few PS addressing that issue but it felt kind of disingenuous.
The goal was mostly to give them some insight into my personal philosophy thru that quote and make that theme run thou the PS but I guess I failed at that.
I will definitely tone down on the "I love to argue theme"
I wanted to do the personal level thing but it wouldn't just be boring but it also would be depressing so I replaced it with my experience with the Bible study group. But if you think it would be a good idea I can work it into it.

Thanks a lot

FuturePrez

New

Post by FuturePrez » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:20 am

Maybe you could say something in your PS that talks about your struggle with logic and your circumstances (i.e being homosexual). And then flesh out how law is sometimes illogical and that you have had a first hand experience with attempting to find "truth".

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”