Probation/ GPA Addendum Rough Draft

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Nailjohnj

Probation/ GPA Addendum Rough Draft

Postby Nailjohnj » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Hey guys, here is what I just pounded out for my Probation addendum rough draft. I computed the numbers from the LSAC academic report so that the admissions can see my math. I really don't want to sound like I am asking for pity, but this is how it happened. Please help me out and tear it to pieces. And do I need to add a GPA addendum if I am explaining my low GPA in the probation addendum? Thanks for the help

In order to be considered for in-state tuition in South Carolina when I moved to Charleston in the fall of 2004, I had to agree to pay approximately 75% of my total expenses. In order to tackle this financial burden I accepted a position that required me to work 50-55 hrs. per week, often times not getting off work until 2-3 in the morning. This position is the main cause of my academic probation in spring of 2005. During the exams of that semester, my relief work did not show up on time and I was late for the exam of my Politics of the European Union class, for which I was not admitted and was promptly given an F for the exam and the class. I successfully got off academic probation in the Fall Semester, but still had to struggle with the same work schedule until I was able to a different department in March of 2006 and ultimately quit to job for a position that was closer to school in April of 2007. My GPA during the period when I was required to work over 45 hrs per week was 1.795, while in my final two years, when I was able to work a more flexible schedule, I was able to achieve a 3.21 GPA, despite taking a significantly more difficult course load that included many honors economics and finance classes. I feel that this is more indicative of my academic ability and I hope the admissions committee will take this into consideration when reviewing my file.

Nailjohnj

Re: Probation/ GPA Addendum Rough Draft

Postby Nailjohnj » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:19 pm

Anybody?

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”