Diversity Statement, to do or not to do (for asian females)

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
yoshi

New

Diversity Statement, to do or not to do (for asian females)

Postby yoshi » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:11 pm

I know that Asians are overrepresented but we still contribute to Diversity. I was wondering if the Diversity Statement was still worth doing. To put things in perspective, I've included a small blurb of my DS. It's only in rough draft stage because I am now questioning whether or not I should even bother including it.
Last edited by yoshi on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Korlath

New

Re: Diversity Statement, to do or not to do (for asian females)

Postby Korlath » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:21 pm

I don't think diversity statements are solely for URM (at least I don't think so...) If you believe your experiences as a Chinese female will somehow contribute to diversity at some campus then write a good DS and make your point. I like your blurb and to be honest i'm interested in seeing where it's going... :)

"he could not even demand for her to try again..." I think that part of the blurb should read that way, right?

yoshi

New

Postby yoshi » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:27 pm

Thank you for saying so!

I'm just afraid the "I've gotten to where I am in spite of cultural limitations" isn't really used much for Asians and it's hard to pull off. I will try and see where it goes, and thanks again for your input :)

Korlath

New

Postby Korlath » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:29 pm

No problem. You can write my name down and PM me your DS whenever it is finished. I'll be happy to read it.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements�