Personal statement form?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
tebow4president

New

Personal statement form?

Postby tebow4president » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:08 pm

having trouble transitioning right now in my PS. I want the outline to look like:

[ beginning of a story about a diversity/social justice class i took that has shaped my career goals, how i was dreading the class, hated it at the start, it was going to be a long semester etc]

[career goals, interests, academic experiences as they relate to the class]

[ end of story about the class, tie in to how taking it and not dropping it ended up being a great decision ]

is it ok to do that? right now the PS reads kind of awkward btwn the first and second sections. it flows well if i switch the 2nd and 3rd, but i think it would be a bit more.. profound? to keep the order i outlined above.

edit: this may have been unclear.. im shooting for the sort of thing many books do where the 1st chapter starts a story and ends it on a loose end (mine is currently "It was going to be a long semester..."), tell the story, then the last chapter ties off the loose end of the first.

bjc314

New

Re: Personal statement form?

Postby bjc314 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:29 am

I think it would be helpful to actually post your personal statement. I don't think there are any hard and fast rules on narrative structure for a PS, but its difficult, if not impossible, to offer any advice without actually reading your PS.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements�