How do you write all these different PSes?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
lsatextreme

How do you write all these different PSes?

Postby lsatextreme » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:28 pm

I have my general PS that I want to send to schools, but some schools want Why law school?, and some want Why our school?, and others are just general vague stuff that I would much prefer, but esp since my essay doesn't really touch upon my reasons or interests in law or law schools, am I going to have to write completely new PSes for these schools?

cubswin

Re: How do you write all these different PSes?

Postby cubswin » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:30 pm

Do you want to answer the question they asked? Yes? Then you will need to write a statement that answers them.

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:31 pm

I mean, that's what im asking. Does everybody just write different essays tailored to the prompts of each school or are you just changing some specific portion of your PS that you change for every school you're applying to

mlee85

Postby mlee85 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:56 pm

pretty much going to send the same ps everywhere and have subtle changes towards schools that want specific q's answered.

RTFM

Postby RTFM » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:26 am

I'm not applying to several schools for this very reason. I think that, depending on your PS topic, it could work to tweak a few things to answer their questions. Mine didn't work, and I don't want to write another one.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”