Yet another PS, critique away, ladies and gentlemen

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
User avatar
CGI Fridays
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: Yet another PS, critique away, ladies and gentlemen

Postby CGI Fridays » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:48 pm

"I realized that I could accomplish any goal I set before myself, whether in or out of the classroom."
ShuckingNotJiving wrote: it's the starry-eyed idealism of someone young and ambitious, sure, but to me that's more endearing than off-putting.

Endearing? This is about selling yourself as a solid addition to a law school.

Either OP thinks that anything is possible with ambition, which is just fucking stupid, or OP is being childishly & cliche...ly... hyperbolic... which is not as bad, but still lame.

clone22
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Yet another PS, critique away, ladies and gentlemen

Postby clone22 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:30 am

CGI Fridays wrote:"I realized that I could accomplish any goal I set before myself, whether in or out of the classroom."
ShuckingNotJiving wrote: it's the starry-eyed idealism of someone young and ambitious, sure, but to me that's more endearing than off-putting.

Endearing? This is about selling yourself as a solid addition to a law school.

Either OP thinks that anything is possible with ambition, which is just fucking stupid, or OP is being childishly & cliche...ly... hyperbolic... which is not as bad, but still lame.


you mean even if I wish really really hard and click my heels 3 times I won't be able to fly/teleport back to kansas? no.... :(. there go my hopes and dreams :cry:

At first I was willing to give you benefit of the doubt, but now you're acting like a douchebag

User avatar
CGI Fridays
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: Yet another PS, critique away, ladies and gentlemen

Postby CGI Fridays » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:32 am

clone22 wrote:you mean even if I wish really really hard and click my heels 3 times I won't be able to fly/teleport back to kansas? no.... :(. there go my hopes and dreams :cry:

If you don't believe it, just take it out. Simple solution.

clone22
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Yet another PS, critique away, ladies and gentlemen

Postby clone22 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:44 am

CGI Fridays wrote:
clone22 wrote:you mean even if I wish really really hard and click my heels 3 times I won't be able to fly/teleport back to kansas? no.... :(. there go my hopes and dreams :cry:

If you don't believe it, just take it out. Simple solution.


See? That was much nicer than implying someone else is friggin retarded.

User avatar
CGI Fridays
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: Yet another PS, critique away, ladies and gentlemen

Postby CGI Fridays » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:51 am

clone22 wrote:See? That was much nicer than implying someone else is friggin retarded.

I was implying that you were being "childishly and cliche...ly... hyperbolic"

clone22
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Yet another PS, critique away, ladies and gentlemen

Postby clone22 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:03 am

CGI Fridays wrote:
clone22 wrote:See? That was much nicer than implying someone else is friggin retarded.

I was implying that you were being "childishly and cliche...ly... hyperbolic"

and I was gonna decide you were a nice person after all. no cookie for you!




Return to “Law School Personal Statements”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.