Someone Read This Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
MiamiUG

New

Someone Read This

Post by MiamiUG » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:17 pm

It would make my day if CanadianWolf could critique this, but I'll take any advice at this point.
Last edited by MiamiUG on Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MiamiUG

New

Re: Personal Statement

Post by MiamiUG » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Anyone?

InLikeFlint

Bronze

Re: Personal Statement

Post by InLikeFlint » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:36 pm

MiamiUG wrote:Anyone?
Bump. I am also very interested in what people think of this PS, and am definitely not an alt.

crysmissmichelle

Bronze

Re: Personal Statement!@!@!@!@

Post by crysmissmichelle » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:31 pm

I think that the reason you're not getting very many overall replies is that it is well written, tells a story and is relevant, but is not one of those attention catchers. No one has anything really negative to say (TLS specialty, lol) but it isn't hugely exciting either.

The fact is though, it is relevant and explains one of your experiences, but could just as easily be covered pretty well in the resume.

Do you have any ideas for PS topics that tell a little more about yourself? More about your thoughts/personality/strengths, etc?

crysmissmichelle

Bronze

Post by crysmissmichelle » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:31 pm

oh, and also because it's been less than 3 hours!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:13 am

crysmissmichelle wrote:I think that the reason you're not getting very many overall replies is that it is well written, tells a story and is relevant, but is not one of those attention catchers. No one has anything really negative to say (TLS specialty, lol) but it isn't hugely exciting either.
More about your thoughts/personality/strengths, etc?
+1 I think it's well done, but it doesn't necessarily bring in anything groundbreaking (I have a similar dilemma with mine which is incredibly frustrating...)

MiamiUG

New

Post by MiamiUG » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:39 pm

Perch wrote:
crysmissmichelle wrote:I think that the reason you're not getting very many overall replies is that it is well written, tells a story and is relevant, but is not one of those attention catchers. No one has anything really negative to say (TLS specialty, lol) but it isn't hugely exciting either.
More about your thoughts/personality/strengths, etc?
+1 I think it's well done, but it doesn't necessarily bring in anything groundbreaking (I have a similar dilemma with mine which is incredibly frustrating...)

Thanks for the feedback. I knew it wasn't groundbreaking or anything like that, I was more going for something that is passable and won't lose me any points in the admissions process. I'm ok with my PS not standing out, I'd much rather have it blend in and be forgotten about than have it stand out for being terrible. I should really expect more out of myself, but at this point I think it's time to call it a day.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”