I need some PS advice..

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
SupraVln180

I need some PS advice..

Postby SupraVln180 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:15 pm

my PS right now at 11point font, double spaced is 2.5 pages and 1,041 words. Is this too long? I honestly cut it down as much as I could and if I took information out, I feel like it would leave doubts in the adcomms heads. Do you think i can get away with 2.5 pgs at 11pt font?

paratactical

Re: I need some PS advice..

Postby paratactical » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:18 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:my PS right now at 11point font, double spaced is 2.5 pages and 1,041 words. Is this too long? I honestly cut it down as much as I could and if I took information out, I feel like it would leave doubts in the adcomms heads. Do you think i can get away with 2.5 pgs at 11pt font?

This depends on what the applications say with regards to the personal statement. If the application says 2 pages, 2.5 pages is probably not a good diea. If the application specifies 12pt font, it should be in 12pt font.

If you need help trimming down your statement, you can PM it to me and I can try to help you or give you some ideas. It is very rare to have writing that cannot be condensed without losing information.

gin

Re: I need some PS advice..

Postby gin » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:21 pm

I would stick to the guidelines, otherwise they are not going to be happy about having to read more. I had the same problem, so what I ended up doing was focus on one very specific topic even if I left out something like diversity. You can also try changing some sentences to get rid of useless words.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”