PS Help or Advice

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )

PS Help or Advice

Postby hpfl121 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:06 pm

Hey guys!! I've had a hard time deciding which direction my personal statement should take and could use any suggestions or help. I have a few topics I've been thinking about but can't choose which one might make the best story for a law school application. Here are the topics I have been thinking about:

a) Discuss my experience volunteering for a legal aid office last semester during a time when many people where losing health insurance and trying to get back on.

b) Talk about how I made a bad grade on the first exam in a genetics course my sophomore year and how I worked tremendously hard to bring that score back up.

c) Talk about how my parents are both from W. Africa and how that impacted my upbringing and identity struggle.

I'm leaning more towards topic a. I'm currently with americorps working for a legal aid office and have a lot of other volunteer experience, so I'm thinking maybe that should be the theme of my applications. Other than those listed above, I can't really think of anything significant that has happened post high school that could make for an interesting ps.

So, if you have any advice or suggestions it will be appreciated.

Jack Smirks

Re: PS Help or Advice

Postby Jack Smirks » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:12 pm

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”