Arrest addendum.... ugh.

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Crimson

Arrest addendum.... ugh.

Postby Crimson » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:26 am

1. On August 28th, 2002, I received and paid a speeding ticket in **********.
2. On June 13th, 2004, I received a minor consumption for possessing a blood alcohol content of .02%. A minor consumption in ********** is a misdemeanor offense. I paid the accompanying ticket.
3. On July 20th, 2006, I received and paid a speeding ticket in *********.
4. On November 11th, 2006, I received a minor consumption for possessing a blood alcohol content of .04%. A minor consumption in ********** is a misdemeanor offense. I paid the accompanying ticket.
5. On April 25, 2008, I let the dog out of the house to take care of his business. Near some bushes on the side of my house, where I thought I could reasonably expect some privacy, I took care of my own business. I was cited by a roving patrol for public urination and I immediately paid the fine. Since the conviction came during my campaign for the student presidency, I held a press conference to address my poor judgment head on. “***** pinched outside of home,” “***** caught disposing of liquid waste,” and “***** caught with his pants down” were the headlines in the student and local papers. I broke the law and I deserved everything that came with it; however, my peers remained confident with my judgment and elected me into office with an unprecedented majority of the votes. I did not let them down, and I have not stepped negatively into the public eye since.

Thoughts?

Crimson

Re: Arrest addendum.... ugh.

Postby Crimson » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:00 am

I am a long time reader and I will be disappointed and insulted if CanadianWolf does not post a critique.

CanadianWolf

Re: Arrest addendum.... ugh.

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:07 am

It was not "stepping" into the public eye that got you into trouble.
As a dog lover, if it were my decision, you would be admitted & given a pass for the bar exam.

Your addendum is fine & might help your applications to law schools since you have suffered enough. It is clear that any law school class will be enlivened by your presence.
To be candid, I am not the best one to critique your addendum since as a dog owner who sometimes fosters homeless shelter dogs, I am unfairly influenced by your attention to your dog. Most let their pets learn instinctively, but to actually demonstrate the technique in public for your pup is above & beyond the call of "duty".

Career prospects as a political campaign manager or as a chauffer look dim though. Gardener may also be out as a future avenue of employment.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”