Would this be lame for my PS? Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Sandro

Gold

Would this be lame for my PS?

Post by Sandro » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:30 pm

Last edited by Sandro on Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

dakatz

Gold

Re: Would this be lame for my PS?

Post by dakatz » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Sandro777 wrote:In my PS i'm going into detail about a post-graduate work experience that among other things (like showing leadership/things LS might like) showed that the perceptions we have about things/people are sometimes way off, and parlaying this into a subtle "you shouldn't judge my low GPA so much" ??
I wouldn't at all touch upon the GPA issue in your PS. Not even subtly. If the GPA issue is serious, then write an addendum that properly addresses it. If it is not serious enough to write an addendum, then you have no need to speak about it.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:33 pm

This could be clever or it could be lame. Hard to tell without reading a draft of your essay.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:35 pm

dakatz wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:In my PS i'm going into detail about a post-graduate work experience that among other things (like showing leadership/things LS might like) showed that the perceptions we have about things/people are sometimes way off, and parlaying this into a subtle "you shouldn't judge my low GPA so much" ??
I wouldn't at all touch upon the GPA issue in your PS. Not even subtly. If the GPA issue is serious, then write an addendum that properly addresses it. If it is not serious enough to write an addendum, then you have no need to speak about it.
Yea i wasnt planning on even using the words gpa, but crafting a sentence into it that an astute observer would equate to my situation. 2.9 :(

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:37 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:This could be clever or it could be lame. Hard to tell without reading a draft of your essay.

Ok but without the gpa part, would this be an okay topic for a PS? Its one of the few things that has come to mind so far and it was one of the most interesting experiences I've had. Just trying to figure out how I could spin it into an effective PS.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”