Advice Please! Personal Statement Topic..

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
smon

Advice Please! Personal Statement Topic..

Postby smon » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:20 pm

I have no idea what to write about. I want a personal statement that stands out above the rest. I am a Commercial Aviation and Political Science student at the University of North Dakota. I have some ideas but not sure if they'll work. Any help would be appreciated.

1. As a pilot I want to incorporate how flying relates to life and how the skills used in aviation can relate to those of law?

2. Do a basic "About Me" style

I have no clue. Please help! I want to go into Aviation/Air Law and I want my personal statement to stand this out somehow. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate your input.

justadude55

Re: Advice Please! Personal Statement Topic..

Postby justadude55 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:26 pm

smon wrote:I have no idea what to write about. I want a personal statement that stands out above the rest. I am a Commercial Aviation and Political Science student at the University of North Dakota. I have some ideas but not sure if they'll work. Any help would be appreciated.

1. As a pilot I want to incorporate how flying relates to life and how the skills used in aviation can relate to those of law?

2. Do a basic "About Me" style

I have no clue. Please help! I want to go into Aviation/Air Law and I want my personal statement to stand this out somehow. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate your input.

i think more info would be helpful.

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:30 am

Yo being a pilot is pretty cool just talk about an interesting experience or insight you've had. Hmmm... actually being a pilot sounds way cooler than being a lawyer so you might want to say why you are interested in law school explicitly somewhere in you PS (usually I tell people they don't have to do this).

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:34 am

How one's personal statement is written is more important than the topic.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”