Quick question about statement of interest

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )

State I want to go to X law school at the end of my ps

yes but dont go into it
No votes
yes but give brief reasoning
100%
no just send the same ps to schools
No votes

Total votes: 5

hotshot234512

Quick question about statement of interest

Postby hotshot234512 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:57 am

My PS makes it quite clear why I want to go to law school, but should i write like a two sentence why school X at the end of my PS for schools that don't take why school X essays? Should i tell my number one why it is my number one? I feel like tacking on a few sentences at the end of a PS could come off as BS, thoughts?

bostlaw

Re: Quick question about statement of interest

Postby bostlaw » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:08 pm

Im not the one whose going to be reading your paper, but to me, I think adding on a few sentences at the end does come off bad. Kind of like maybe you just used the same essay to multiple schools but then tried to make that school feel special by adding an after thought to the end of the essay. Maybe try to incorporate why you want to go to school X within the essay if you feel you really must say that.

etown989

Re: Quick question about statement of interest

Postby etown989 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:30 pm

bostlaw wrote:Im not the one whose going to be reading your paper, but to me, I think adding on a few sentences at the end does come off bad. Kind of like maybe you just used the same essay to multiple schools but then tried to make that school feel special by adding an after thought to the end of the essay. Maybe try to incorporate why you want to go to school X within the essay if you feel you really must say that.

Def this. It shouldn't be to hard to squeeze in a sentence in every paragraph about the specific school.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”