when to submit the diversity essay

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
mz253

when to submit the diversity essay

Postby mz253 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:30 pm

i'm reading applications for different schools. some schools have no mention of diversity essay, eg. vandy, or provide specific "optional essay questions", eg. williams and mary.

for schools that don't mention a word about diversity essay, can i still submit them? or should i contact the school before i do so?

for schools that list specific questions for optional essay, will submitting a diversity essay hurt my chance?

thanks!

ArchRoark

Re: when to submit the diversity essay

Postby ArchRoark » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:24 am

Not sure if this is kosher advice. I submitted them to all schools, but the vast majority if they didn't explicitly say they accepted it had wording in their applications that hinted that they would be fine (e.g. encourage submitting anything that will be help for the admissions committee to reach a decision). I contacted one school (UT) and they gave me a response that pretty much suggested that they welcome any additional information including what we on TLS call a diversity statement.

mz253

Re: when to submit the diversity essay

Postby mz253 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:36 pm

Thanks! That would help a lot. I've already written one, so I can use them for all. haha

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”