Do I need to name my "why penn" essay?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
crepesme
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Do I need to name my "why penn" essay?

Postby crepesme » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:41 pm

Or just upload it as a supplement essay as required? Do I need to add a title to it anyway? How about the diversity statement?

Thx in advance

User avatar
Veyron
Posts: 3598
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Re: Do I need to name my "why penn" essay?

Postby Veyron » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:43 pm

Never hurts to put a title in the header as long as you did so with your other essays. Documents are likely to shift durring flight.

crepesme
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Do I need to name my "why penn" essay?

Postby crepesme » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:45 pm

Veyron wrote:Never hurts to put a title in the header as long as you did so with your other essays. Documents are likely to shift durring flight.


Make sense. But what to put? A Simple "why penn" sounds a little silly?

User avatar
Veyron
Posts: 3598
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Re: Do I need to name my "why penn" essay?

Postby Veyron » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:50 pm

crepesme wrote:
Veyron wrote:Never hurts to put a title in the header as long as you did so with your other essays. Documents are likely to shift durring flight.


Make sense. But what to put? A Simple "why penn" sounds a little silly?


When I applied, they called it something more formal. Something like "5 Year Plan Essay".

crepesme
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Do I need to name my "why penn" essay?

Postby crepesme » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:55 pm

Veyron wrote:
crepesme wrote:
Veyron wrote:Never hurts to put a title in the header as long as you did so with your other essays. Documents are likely to shift durring flight.


Make sense. But what to put? A Simple "why penn" sounds a little silly?


When I applied, they called it something more formal. Something like "5 Year Plan Essay".



Yes, they still offer the "5 year plan" as one of the three options: Diversity, art or literature influence, 5-year-plan. So did u name your essay 5 year plan essay?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Do I need to name my "why penn" essay?

Postby Grizz » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:58 pm

My 5 yr. plan is to collectivize agriculture to encourage industrialization, eliminate the kulak class of landowners, improve the living standards of the peasantry, cultivate an increased railroad and transportation network, and increase my output of steel, coal, oil, and electricity.

Am I doing it right?

User avatar
Veyron
Posts: 3598
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Re: Do I need to name my "why penn" essay?

Postby Veyron » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:59 pm

crepesme wrote:
Veyron wrote:
crepesme wrote:
Veyron wrote:Never hurts to put a title in the header as long as you did so with your other essays. Documents are likely to shift durring flight.


Make sense. But what to put? A Simple "why penn" sounds a little silly?


When I applied, they called it something more formal. Something like "5 Year Plan Essay".



Yes, they still offer the "5 year plan" as one of the three options: Diversity, art or literature influence, 5-year-plan. So did u name your essay 5 year plan essay?


Yah brah, I used the name they gave word for word.

crepesme
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Do I need to name my "why penn" essay?

Postby crepesme » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:07 pm

Yah brah, I used the name they gave word for word.[/quote]

Thx

crepesme
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Do I need to name my "why penn" essay?

Postby crepesme » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:09 pm

rad law wrote:My 5 yr. plan is to collectivize agriculture to encourage industrialization, eliminate the kulak class of landowners, improve the living standards of the peasantry, cultivate an increased railroad and transportation network, and increase my output of steel, coal, oil, and electricity.

Am I doing it right?



You must come from There will be blood :roll:

User avatar
Veyron
Posts: 3598
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Re: Do I need to name my "why penn" essay?

Postby Veyron » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:14 pm

(1) No problem.
(2) Am guessing that our snarky fellow poster is commenting on the similariites between the name of the 5 year plan essay and the 5 year plans so frequently enjoyed by Communists the world over. To you I say - "bravo!"




Return to “Law School Personal Statements”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.