Should my PS have a title?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
prerna
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:00 pm

Should my PS have a title?

Postby prerna » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:01 pm

sorry if this has been answered before...search functions not working

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18418
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Should my PS have a title?

Postby bk1 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:03 pm

No.

dutchtowner
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:36 pm

Re: Should my PS have a title?

Postby dutchtowner » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:01 am

bk1 wrote:No.


should it be labeled? ala 'personal statement of _____ _______'

thanks,
Dutch

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Should my PS have a title?

Postby kazu » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:03 am

Formatting
Q: How do you head personal statements and other essays? Is there supposed to be some sort of title (i.e. "Personal Statement")?
Titled what it is("Personal Statement", "Addendum", "Diversity Statement", "Supplemental Essay", etc.) with your name and LSAC number should do. An artistic title "My Life as a Ex Pop-Star" is unnecessary.


Source: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=127189

User avatar
MrKappus
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:46 am

Re: Should my PS have a title?

Postby MrKappus » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:03 am

Yes. Also, a preface or forward, table of contents, and appendices are usually standard.

ivantheterbl
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:04 am

Re: Should my PS have a title?

Postby ivantheterbl » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:12 am

Not to hijack the thread, but does a resume need your LSAC number on there or is just having your name enough?

dutchtowner
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:36 pm

Re: Should my PS have a title?

Postby dutchtowner » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:15 am

kazu wrote:
Formatting
Q: How do you head personal statements and other essays? Is there supposed to be some sort of title (i.e. "Personal Statement")?
Titled what it is("Personal Statement", "Addendum", "Diversity Statement", "Supplemental Essay", etc.) with your name and LSAC number should do. An artistic title "My Life as a Ex Pop-Star" is unnecessary.


Source: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 2&t=127189


thanks!
nice puppy BTW!

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18418
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Should my PS have a title?

Postby bk1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:53 pm

ivantheterbl wrote:Not to hijack the thread, but does a resume need your LSAC number on there or is just having your name enough?


My resume was the only document I attached without my LSAC #.

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Should my PS have a title?

Postby kazu » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:54 pm

bk1 wrote:
ivantheterbl wrote:Not to hijack the thread, but does a resume need your LSAC number on there or is just having your name enough?


My resume was the only document I attached without my LSAC #.


Yeah me too.




Return to “Law School Personal Statements”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.