Addendum?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
house2011

Addendum?

Postby house2011 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:44 am

Hi all, I'm new to the site and I'm wondering if I could get some advice on a possible addendum.

I was filling out NYU's application and saw that they request an addendum if you have had a gap in your undergraduate studies.

After returning from study abroad this winter I decided to take the rest of the year off to read and decide what I wanted to do post undergrad. I started taking classes again over the summer and will be graduating this next spring. I didn't plan on writing an addendum to explain my time off because it was relatively short and didn't seem like a big deal.

Now that I see I'll have to write an addendum for NYU anyway, would it be a good idea to include the addendum with the rest of my apps because the time off occurred so recently or is that unnecessary?

Thanks in advance!

cartercl

Re: Addendum?

Postby cartercl » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:05 am

house2011 wrote:Hi all, I'm new to the site and I'm wondering if I could get some advice on a possible addendum.

I was filling out NYU's application and saw that they request an addendum if you have had a gap in your undergraduate studies.

After returning from study abroad this winter I decided to take the rest of the year off to read and decide what I wanted to do post undergrad. I started taking classes again over the summer and will be graduating this next spring. I didn't plan on writing an addendum to explain my time off because it was relatively short and didn't seem like a big deal.

Now that I see I'll have to write an addendum for NYU anyway, would it be a good idea to include the addendum with the rest of my apps because the time off occurred so recently or is that unnecessary?

Thanks in advance!

Other schools, besides NYU, will ask you for this information as well. Give it to them. For those that don't ask, do not.

kazu

Postby kazu » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:07 am

Since you're going to have to write it anyhow, if I were you I'd write a very short, concise addendum and send it to all the schools just in case. Don't think it'll hurt and even if schools don't require it, it might be useful for whomever reviews your files.

house2011

Postby house2011 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:03 am

yes, i'm thinking i'll just include it with all of my applications, thanks!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”