Unique PS (Hopefully)

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
its_lunchtime

Unique PS (Hopefully)

Postby its_lunchtime » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:51 pm

I am non-URM and currently on active duty in the Army. I made the theme of my PS diversity in every facet; age, cultural, academic, etc. I tried to put these diversities on display with my latest draft, but it is difficult to do so without making it sound like a regurgitated resume. If anyone would be interested in reading and commenting on my PS, it would be greatly appreciated. In the interest of keeping it my own, I'll PM those that want to help.

-Thanks!

Knock

Re: Unique PS (Hopefully)

Postby Knock » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:39 pm

its_lunchtime wrote:I am non-URM and currently on active duty in the Army. I made the theme of my PS diversity in every facet; age, cultural, academic, etc. I tried to put these diversities on display with my latest draft, but it is difficult to do so without making it sound like a regurgitated resume. If anyone would be interested in reading and commenting on my PS, it would be greatly appreciated. In the interest of keeping it my own, I'll PM those that want to help.

-Thanks!

I can look at it tonight. Feel free to pm it to me or I will shoot you a pm after I finish taking a LSAT prep test. I think you will be pleasantly surprised to hear that active-service military duty is one of the few softs that actually seems to be helpful at all in your application cycle. If you have any questions on this subject i'd shoot Blowhard a pm, he was in the military as well and now he is in law school: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=44915.

Thanks and stay safe.

its_lunchtime

Re: Unique PS (Hopefully)

Postby its_lunchtime » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:13 pm

Thanks, I just sent it to you. Please forgive the lack of formatting, however. When I PM'ed it, all of it was lost. I am very encouraged to have learned from this site what a help being a veteran can be to one's cycle. I need all the help I can get. My UGPA is low, but I have been PT'ing in the high/mid 160's... So hopefully splitter+service=success?! I assume you will be taking the OCT test. I have been studying since June for it, so I am really hoping for the best.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”