How many pages/double spacing in PS?

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
TOMaHULK
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 pm

How many pages/double spacing in PS?

Postby TOMaHULK » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:17 am

How many pages are you all writing for your PS?

Using double spacing I assume...?

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11726
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: How many pages/double spacing in PS?

Postby kalvano » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:15 am

2-3, as per most school's request.

Yes, double spacing.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: How many pages/double spacing in PS?

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:27 am

Double spacing is the better choice. Also strive for quality over quantity as admissions officers read several hundred personal statements each admissions cycle & probably appreciate those with the ability to effectively communicate in a succinct fashion.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: How many pages/double spacing in PS?

Postby Grizz » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:37 am

Mine was 1.75 single spaced. The the last quarter of the page I wrote decent paragraphs about why I wanted to attend that specific school.

I cut the PS severely for Texas, who wanted 2 pgs. double spaced.

TOMaHULK
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: How many pages/double spacing in PS?

Postby TOMaHULK » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:59 am

rad law wrote:Mine was 1.75 single spaced. The the last quarter of the page I wrote decent paragraphs about why I wanted to attend that specific school.

I cut the PS severely for Texas, who wanted 2 pgs. double spaced.


So did you leave the last paragraph kindda "open" to be manipulated for all schools?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: How many pages/double spacing in PS?

Postby Grizz » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:30 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:
rad law wrote:Mine was 1.75 single spaced. The the last quarter of the page I wrote decent paragraphs about why I wanted to attend that specific school.

I cut the PS severely for Texas, who wanted 2 pgs. double spaced.


So did you leave the last paragraph kindda "open" to be manipulated for all schools?


No, it was a totally separate paragraph no included in the PS. It was set of by several spaces and a set of ***s in the middle of the page.

TOMaHULK
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: How many pages/double spacing in PS?

Postby TOMaHULK » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:38 pm

rad law wrote:
TOMaHULK wrote:
rad law wrote:Mine was 1.75 single spaced. The the last quarter of the page I wrote decent paragraphs about why I wanted to attend that specific school.

I cut the PS severely for Texas, who wanted 2 pgs. double spaced.


So did you leave the last paragraph kindda "open" to be manipulated for all schools?


No, it was a totally separate paragraph no included in the PS. It was set of by several spaces and a set of ***s in the middle of the page.


So you wrote your PS and then just placed an extra sentence after it, that was unrelated?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: How many pages/double spacing in PS?

Postby Grizz » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:40 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:
rad law wrote:
TOMaHULK wrote:
rad law wrote:Mine was 1.75 single spaced. The the last quarter of the page I wrote decent paragraphs about why I wanted to attend that specific school.

I cut the PS severely for Texas, who wanted 2 pgs. double spaced.


So did you leave the last paragraph kindda "open" to be manipulated for all schools?


No, it was a totally separate paragraph no included in the PS. It was set of by several spaces and a set of ***s in the middle of the page.


So you wrote your PS and then just placed an extra sentence after it, that was unrelated?


A separate good sized paragraph after the PS.

TOMaHULK
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: How many pages/double spacing in PS?

Postby TOMaHULK » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:44 pm

rad law wrote:So you wrote your PS and then just placed an extra sentence after it, that was unrelated?


A separate good sized paragraph after the PS.[/quote]

Alright. Still consistent with the 3 paragraph max I'm assuming...? :?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: How many pages/double spacing in PS?

Postby Grizz » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:45 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:
rad law wrote:So you wrote your PS and then just placed an extra sentence after it, that was unrelated?


A separate good sized paragraph after the PS.


Alright. Still consistent with the 3 paragraph max I'm assuming...? :?

What school wants 3 paragraphs, max?

TOMaHULK
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: How many pages/double spacing in PS?

Postby TOMaHULK » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:00 pm

rad law wrote:
TOMaHULK wrote:
rad law wrote:So you wrote your PS and then just placed an extra sentence after it, that was unrelated?


A separate good sized paragraph after the PS.


Alright. Still consistent with the 3 paragraph max I'm assuming...? :?

What school wants 3 pages, max?


Corrected^. :wink:

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: How many pages/double spacing in PS?

Postby Grizz » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:17 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:
rad law wrote:
TOMaHULK wrote:
rad law wrote:So you wrote your PS and then just placed an extra sentence after it, that was unrelated?


A separate good sized paragraph after the PS.


Alright. Still consistent with the 3 paragraph max I'm assuming...? :?

What school wants 3 pages, max?


Corrected^. :wink:


All my schools wanted 2 pages. And yes I was consistent with that length.




Return to “Law School Personal Statements”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.