when to include a second/supplemental essay..

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
ilovemulch

when to include a second/supplemental essay..

Postby ilovemulch » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:56 am

Last edited by ilovemulch on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

kalvano

Re: when to include a second/supplemental essay..

Postby kalvano » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:16 am

No. One personal statement, plus any supplemental essays the school requires or asks for. Usually, they will pick the topic for you.

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:20 am

ilovemulch wrote:I have 2 different tracks that I'm considering for my PS. One is centered more around the work experience I've had post UG and the other is about overcoming childhood adversity/coping with illness & subsequent loss of a parent. I think it is compelling and has definitely had a profound impact on my life, but I don't know that I can really mesh the 2 into one essay (without seeming obvious that I'm trying to squeeze in both). Would it be okay to have a supplemental essay?

I'm not an expert, but I would definitely advise the latter topic. A topic that personalizes your PS is always better and an enormous amount of people submit PS's describing work experience. That is, of course, if you can tie your childhood to how it has helped you grow as a person and how it has led you to law school. Good luck.

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:11 pm

I didn't do it personally, a lot of people write on PS and one DS. A statement about overcoming obstacles could probably be a diversity statement.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”